Afternoon Boqueria Market Tour and Cooking Class
- Secure Online Payment
- Best Price Guarantee
Visit the Boqueria Market and Learn to Cook Delicious Spanish Dishes with Locals
Meet Barcelona natives and foodie sisters Angeles and Carmen. Their mission is to change what tourism represents for Barcelona by allowing travelers the unique opportunity to enjoy an authentic moment in their culture. Join them in the kitchen for a hands-on cooking experience and learn to prepare traditional Catalan and Spanish recipes with organic products, locally and sustainably grown. The activity will begin with a tour of the Boqueria market, where you will discover regional specialties and experience life as a local. The class will take place afterwards in a culinary workshop in the heart of Barcelona, a beautiful space in which you’ll enjoy an afternoon of good conversation, wonderful recipes and fascinating stories about Catalan culture. Learn about the Slow Food concept and how cooking with local products can help promote healthy eating habits and recycle waste. The menu will include seasonal classics, such as paella, a Spanish omelet tapa, pan con tomate (tomato bread) and a sweet crema catalana (custard cream dessert). After class you will gather around a table to enjoy a feast of your culinary creations with a glass or two of sangria or organic wine in the company of your classmates and new local friends.
Food & Drinks Included
- Boqueria market tour led by Barcelona locals
- Spanish cooking class in local home
- Dinner of Spanish specialties, including paella, pan con tomate, tapas and crema catalana
- Red wine, white wine, sangria
- Meet Barcelona locals Angeles and Carmen and visit Boqueria market.
- Return to culinary workshop, participate in Spanish cooking class and learn about Slow Food movement.
- Enjoy a Spanish dinner with sangria or organic wines.
- Hear interesting stories about Spanish and Catalan history, culture and cuisine.
- End of meal. Angeles and Carmen will be happy to answer any questions or give recommendations for your stay.
What is included?
Market tour and cooking class led by home chefs from Barcelona
All ingredients used in cooking class
A tasting of dish prepared during class
Red wine, white wine, sangria
When can you participate?
Every day of the week, from Monday to Sunday. It starts at 5:00pm and ends at 8:30pm.
Where is the meeting point?
This culinary activity is in Barcelona, Spain.