Full Day Wine Tour in Graves, Medoc and Saint-Émilion
- Secure Online Payment
- Best Price Guarantee
Enjoy tours of two of Bordeaux's most famous wine regions
Bordeaux is surrounded by three regions with long histories of unique and high-quality wine production. Depending on your schedule and preference, you can choose to visit two of these three renowned locations in this lovely guided tour that will include transport, guide, wine tasting class with a sommelier, and private entry to some of the most prestigious wineries of the area.
Beginning at mid-morning, embark from Bordeaux to Graves or Medoc, enjoying a warm family welcome in one of the best Classified Growth Chateaux of the region. A guided walking tour will familiarize you with the property, and will also teach you valuable information about the cultivation, processing, and aging of French grapes into famous Bordeaux varieties. Accompanied by the local staff, you'll then delight in a tasting of the best wine varieties made in their cellars, accompanied by delicious French aperitifs. You'll then cruise back to Bordeaux for a lovely picnic lunch.
Next stop is Saint-Émilion, a charming village to the north of Bordeaux along the "Chateau Route", where your guide will instruct you on the region and how its soil and climate affects wine production. You'll then arrive at another family-owned estate, where the local experts will take you through the vineyards, in front of the chateau, around the vat room and into the cellar. After discovering all the intricate secrets of fine wine production, you'll enjoy a 20-minute "become a wine tasting expert" class to be able to distinguish a true Bordeaux from other varieties. You'll also enjoy the fine points of food and wine pairings with more aperitifs. The tour concludes with one more visit to a Classified Growth Chateau for yet another wine tasting paired with French food. You'll return to Bordeaux merry and educated after such a comprehensive and thorough tour of Bordeaux's wine country.
This tour is perfect for those looking to sharpen their palette, learn about French wine production, and enjoy gourmet tastings with aperitif pairings.
Food and Drinks
- Visits to four wine estates with a minimum of 2 wine tastings per location, including-
- Left Bank Bordeaux: a variety dominated by Cabernet Sauvignon with tasting notes of powerful spice and moderate tannins
- Right Bank: a similar variety made with Merlot and other grapes, tending to be a sweeter and smoother variety with lower tannins and notes of fruits, coffee, vanilla and oak.
- Picnic aperitifs at a chateau garden
- Depart from Bordeaux for Graves (Mondays and Fridays) or Medoc (Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Visit local family-owned chateaux with guided tours and wine tastings
- Enjoy an educational "wine tasting expert class"
- Picnic aperitifs
- Travel to another wine region for more tours of two different wine estates with wine tastings and French aperitifs
- Return to Bordeaux
Number of Participants
Minimum 1, maximum 8
The Price Includes
This tour is complete with all transport and aperitifs costs included. It also includes entry to four different Chateaux, guided tours of historic regions, and ample amounts of fine wine tastings (a minimum of 2 per location).
Mondays and Fridays - Graves and Medoc, Thursdays and Saturdays - Medoc and Saint-Émilion 9:45am to 7:30pm
English or French