Midday Olive Oil Tour and Tasting
- Secure Online Payment
- Best Price Guarantee
- Instant Booking
Guided tour of an olive oil orchard with wine tasting near Cordoba
Did you know that Spain is the largest producer of olive oil in the world? And 80% of Spanish production can be found in Andalusia. The history of olive oil in Spain spans 6,000 years. Back then, it was prepared by the Phoenician and Greek settlers of the Iberian Peninsula. The importance of olive oil to Spanish culture cannot be overstated. The locals actually refer to it as "liquid gold!" Spain is also home to an abundance of grape varieties. Vast amounts of land make Spain the third largest wine producers in the world.
During this tour you will experience a combination of two of the most valued items in the Spanish culinary world: wine and olive oil. This tour will take you to visit the expansive olive groves of the Cordoba countryside. There, you will learn about all the different characteristics, culinary uses and health benefits of olive oil. Try different varieties of olives and learn how to identify their key characteristics. Experience a fun and delicious tasting session in a beautiful bodega with an array of Cordoba's representative olive oil, along with Spanish wine and some delicious snacks that pair perfectly to both. Before heading back home we may also stop at a small ceramics factory to learn about the rich pottery traditions of Southern Spain.
Food & Drinks Included
- Tasting of extra virgin olive oil
- Flavoured olive oil
- Local wine tasting
- Small bites
- Pick up at your hotel or in front of Red Cross Hospital.
- Drive to the countryside of Cordoba's campiña.
- Walk through te olive oil groves
- Visit an 18th century mill
- Learn all about olive oil benefits and meal pairings
- Taste the best olive oils.
- Taste local wines with Cordoban snacks.
- Possibly visit a nearby ceramics factory before heading back to Cordoba.
- End of tour. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the remainder of your stay in Cordoba.
No. of Participants
The Price Includes
Pick up at meeting point
Guided tour through the olive groves and olive oil mill
Local olive oil tasting
Tasting of local wines with Andalusian snacks
Posibility of Pottery Factory Visit
Mondays to Saturdays at 10:00 am
Pick up at Hotel or Red Cross Hospital Door