Low Carb At Panda Express is an easy way to enjoy a healthier meal while still enjoying the delicious Chinese-American food.
Are you looking for a quick and easy meal option that won’t break the bank, but still fits your low-carb lifestyle? Look no further than Panda Express! With an extensive menu full of delicious entrees, sides, and sauces to customize your order with – all while staying true to your dietary goals – there’s something suitable for everyone.
If you’re following a low carb diet and looking for restaurant options, Panda Express may seem like an unlikely choice. However, it is entirely possible to build a meal there that meets your nutritional needs. In this blog post, we’ll cover how to order low carb at Panda Express while sticking to your low-carb goals. From selecting the right entrée and side dishes to choosing appropriate sauces and toppings, we’ll provide helpful advice on building meals that are both delicious and healthy!
Overview of Panda Express’ Low Carb menu items
Panda Express offers several items on their menu that are lower in carbohydrates. These menu options provide those looking to limit their intake of carbs with a variety of delicious and nutritious choices.
Their Orange Chicken dish is an excellent option for those looking to reduce their carb count, as it’s made without added sugars or starches. It also contains healthy, high-quality ingredients such as chicken, bell peppers and onions. For a side dish, try their steamed veggie mix with asparagus, broccoli and carrots for a nutritious meal that is low in carbohydrates.
The Kung Pao Chicken also offers an alternative to those watching their carb intake since it’s made with no added sugar or starches. It includes protein-rich chicken breast and vegetables like celery, red bell peppers and water chestnuts for a tasty yet low carb option.
For something lighter, the Eggplant Tofu is sure to satisfy. This vegan dish features eggplant cubes and tofu served in a savory black bean sauce with garlic and chili pepper flakes. The eggplant provides fiber and other essential nutrients to help keep you feeling full throughout the day.
No matter what your dietary needs, Panda Express has plenty of delicious options that are friendly for those watching their carbohydrate intake. With a diverse selection of tasty and nutritious low-carb dishes, Panda Express is sure to have something to please everyone’s palate.
Tips on how to customize your order to make it low carb-friendly
Be sure to make your intentions known when ordering. If a menu item has a carb-heavy side, like french fries or white rice, either substitute it for another option (like a side salad or steamed vegetables) or simply ask that it be removed. You can also ask for sauces and dressings on the side so you have control over how much is used in the meal. Lastly, don’t be afraid to ask questions! Many restaurants are willing to accommodate special dietary restrictions if they know ahead of time what you need. With these tips, eating out and staying low-carb shouldn’t be too difficult! Good luck!
Suggested substitutions for high-carb sides and entrees
Side dishes that are lower in carbohydrates can help reduce overall carbohydrate intake without sacrificing flavor. Here are some simple substitutions for common high-carbohydrate side dishes:
- Instead of white rice, try quinoa or cauliflower rice. Cauliflower is an excellent source of dietary fiber and vitamins A, C, K, B6 and folate. Quinoa provides essential minerals such as magnesium and contains more protein than any other grain.
- Replace potatoes with sweet potatoes, which have a higher concentration of vitamins A and C and contain fewer calories per serving than regular potatoes. Sweet potatoes also have a lower glycemic index rating than regular potatoes, making them a better choice for those managing their blood sugar levels.
- For mashed potatoes, swapping out with mashed cauliflower is a great option. This vegetable contains fiber and vitamins C, K, B6 and folate. Mashed cauliflower can also be spiced or flavored to taste as desired.
- Instead of French fries, try roasted vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, Brussels sprouts or carrots. These vegetables contain many essential nutrients like potassium and vitamin A. Roasting them in the oven with some olive oil and herbs adds flavor without the added fat found in deep-fried foods.
By making these simple substitutions for high-carbohydrate side dishes, you can help reduce your overall carbohydrate intake while still enjoying flavorful meals that are nutritious and satisfying.
Strategies for avoiding hidden sources of carbs in sauces and dressings
Sauces and dressings are often used to enhance the flavor of food, but they can also be a source of hidden carbs. To avoid this, it is important to read ingredient labels carefully and choose products that are low in sugar and carbohydrates. Additionally, there are some strategies that you can use when making sauces and dressings at home:
- Use vinegar-based dressings instead of creamy varieties. Creamy dressings like ranch or Caesar often contain high amounts of added sugars or carbohydrates from milk or sour cream. Vinegar-based options such as balsamic vinaigrettes are much lower in carbs.
- Opt for low-carb thickeners instead of wheat flour or cornstarch. If you are making a sauce or gravy, try using almond flour, arrowroot powder or xanthan gum as thickeners instead of wheat flour or cornstarch.
- Substitute sugar with natural sweeteners such as stevia, agave nectar and honey. These sweeteners still have carbohydrates but they don’t affect your blood sugar levels as much as refined sugars do.
- Experiment with herbs and spices to give flavor without added carbs. Herbs such as basil, thyme and oregano can be used to season sauces and dressings without introducing any additional carbohydrates into the dish. Similarly, spices like cayenne pepper, curry powder and chili flakes can provide flavor without the carbs.
By following these strategies, you can create delicious sauces and dressings that are low in carbohydrates and free of hidden sources of added sugars. With a little creativity and attention to nutrition labels, you can enjoy flavorful condiments without worrying about excess carbs.
Benefits of a low carb diet when eating at Panda Express
A low carb diet can be beneficial for those looking to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight, or even benefit from improved glucose control. Eating at Panda Express is a great way to get the nutrition you need while following a low carb diet. The restaurant offers various options that are lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein and fiber, such as grilled entrees, brown rice, chow meins, salads with no noodles or fried materials added, egg rolls with no wrappers or sauce, steamed veggies and more. Additionally, their sauces tend to be lower in sugar than many other restaurants’ offerings – making it an ideal choice for those on a low carbohydrate diet. In addition to ordering selections containing fewer carbs at Panda Express, there are some simple tips that can be followed to further reduce carb intake when eating there. For example, opting for a smaller portion size of the lower-carb options and avoiding items like fried rice, chow mein noodles, sauces, egg rolls and wonton soup will help reduce the amount of carbohydrates in each meal. When it comes to choosing between steamed and fried entrees, opt for steamed – as this is significantly lower in carbs than its fried counterparts. Finally, order your meal without any added sugary sauces or condiments – such as sweet and sour sauce or kung pao sauce. By following these guidelines, you can enjoy delicious food while still keeping an eye on your carbohydrate intake!
Convenient ways to order online or through the Panda Express app
Customers can now enjoy the convenience of ordering their favorite dishes with Panda Express. Whether it be through the website or mobile app, customers can quickly and easily place their orders in minutes. With firsthand access to the menu, customers can view nutrition information and customize their order to meet any dietary restrictions they may have. Not only that, but customers are kept up-to-date on the status of their order by receiving push notifications when an order is ready for pick-up or delivery. Panda Express has made it easier than ever before to get your favorite Chinese food! Try it today!
Q: What are the best low carb options at Panda Express?
A: Panda Express offers a variety of low-carb options that are both tasty and nutritious. Some of the best low-carb meals to choose from include Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Steamed Broccoli and String Bean Chicken Breast. Additionally, you can opt for Vegetable Spring Rolls as an appetizer or side dish. For those looking for a protein-packed meal, the Shanghai Angus Steak is an excellent choice. For those looking for something a bit lighter, the Eggplant Tofu and Wok-Fired Green Beans are flavorful and low in carbs. No matter what you choose to eat at Panda Express, it’s important to remember that portion size matters when trying to keep your carb intake low. Additionally, be sure to check nutrition facts before ordering so you can make informed decisions about what you’re eating. With all of these delicious low-carb options available at Panda Express, there’s no need to give up flavor for health – you can have both!
Finally, if you are looking for even lower carb options or just want something light with your meal, try opting for a side of their Super Greens. This blend of broccoli, kale and cabbage is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – perfect for any health-conscious eater. With these delicious low carb options, Panda Express is an excellent choice no matter what kind of diet you follow.
Q: How do I order a low carb meal at Panda Express?
A: When ordering a low carb meal at Panda Express, it is important to be aware of the ingredients in each dish. To make sure your meal contains minimal carbohydrate content, opt for dishes that are grilled or steamed instead of fried. Additionally, make sure to avoid sugary sauces or sides.
Entrees such as Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Beijing Beef and Mushroom Chicken are great options as they contain minimal carbs per serving. For sides, choose the Mixed Veggies or Super Greens options which provide high-fiber vegetables with very few carbohydrates. If you’re looking for additional flavor and protein but still want to keep your carb count low, try pairing one of these entrees with a side of Cream Cheese Rangoons.
By making smart selections and avoiding high-carb dishes, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious low-carb meal from Panda Express!
Patrons who are looking for a lighter option can also try Panda Express’ Wok Smart menu which features entrees with less than 250 calories per serving, including Grilled Asian Chicken, SweetFire Chicken Breast and Eggplant Tofu. These dishes are also lower in carbohydrates when compared to other options on the menu. To make sure your dish is as healthy as possible, pair it with steamed Super Greens or Mixed Veggies instead of fried sides such as Cream Cheese Rangoons or Chow Mein.
Q: What are the nutrition facts for Panda Express’ low carb options?
A: Panda Express offers a variety of low carb options on their menu that are both delicious and nutritious. Here are some nutrition facts for popular dishes from Panda Express’ low carb menu:
– Orange Chicken: 290 calories, 0g total fat, 1150mg sodium, 5g carbohydrates and 28g protein per 3 oz serving.
– Kung PaoChicken: 280 calories, 10g total fat, 1480mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates and 22g protein per 4 oz serving.
– Grilled Teriyaki Chicken: 210 calories, 3.5 g total fat, 520 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrates and 30 g protein per 4 oz serving.
– Black Pepper Angus Steak: 270 calories, 13 g total fat, 570 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrates and 32 g protein per 4 oz serving.
By choosing any of these low carb options, you can enjoy a delicious meal without sacrificing nutrition or flavor!
Q: Are there any keto-friendly options at Panda Express?
A: At Panda Express, there are some keto-friendly options that can fit into a low-carb meal plan. Some of the options include steamed and grilled dishes such as orange chicken, sweetfire chicken breast, Beijing beef and teriyaki chicken. All of these dishes are served without rice or noodles to make them lower in carbohydrates. Grilled sides such as super greens, string bean chicken breast and grilled mushrooms also offer fewer carbs than their fried counterparts. Additionally, customers can opt for a bowl instead of a plate; bowls come with double the portion size compared to plates but contain half the amount of carbohydrates per serving. With a few modifications, it is possible to enjoy keto-friendly meals at Panda Express.
Q: What are some tips for ordering low carb at Panda Express?
A: When ordering low carb at Panda Express, it is important to remember that the restaurant offers a range of options. Here are some tips for making sure you get the most out of your meal:
- Start with a fresh entree option, such as Grilled Teriyaki Chicken or Shrimp & Broccoli. These dishes feature lean proteins and vegetables instead of starchy carbs like rice or noodles.
- Opt for sides with fewer carbs, such as Super Greens (a mix of Bok Choy, spinach, and kale) or Chow Mein noodles (made from cabbage). Both contain significantly fewer carbohydrates than fried rice options like Beijing Beef and Shanghai Angus Steak.
- Ask your server to replace any fried items with grilled options instead. This will help you keep your carbohydrate count down while still enjoying the flavor of your favorite dishes.
- Consider adding a soup to your meal for extra nutrition and flavor. Hot and Sour Soup and Egg Drop Soup contain fewer carbs than other side dishes like Egg Rolls or Fried Rice.
By following these tips, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious low-carb meal at Panda Express!
Now that you have all the information necessary to make the best low carb choices at Panda Express, you can confidently order a meal that satisfies your dietary needs. No matter which option you choose – from steamed veggies, stir-fried greens, or grilled proteins – you’ll be sure to enjoy delicious flavors and textures. Don’t be afraid to customize your order either, these simple swaps will help make your dish unique to you and maintain that balanced lifestyle of yours. Eating out doesn’t have to be difficult nor does it mean sacrificing flavor for health; with these tips in mind you can easily navigate Panda Express’ menu. Now all that’s left is to get out there and start ordering!